Your Mentoring Program Can Be
A Marketing Communications Tool
A Way To Give Back
Think about “mentoring”. What comes to mind? Probably advice over coffee.
COLLABORATIVE MENTORING is different. EVERYONE can get the advice, support and connections they need to create solutions.
If you’re always asking people to buy from you they start to ignore you. When you ask people to collaborate they start to listen to you.
Mark’s programs are based on Idea Climbing™, his 19 year, active case study that demystifies mentoring.
Mentoring Needs To Be More Than Conversations Over Coffee…
WHY did you start or do you want to start your mentoring program?
WHAT does your AUDIENCE need to get and what do YOU need to get for the program to succeed?
HOW are you creating or how will you create measurable RESULTS for BOTH your audience AND your organization?
Collaboration Without Structure Is Chaos
Many mentoring programs assign someone a mentor & tell two strangers to “Go have coffee and ‘do’ mentoring”.
Without guidance. Without structure.
The pairs are thrown into the deep end of the pool without expectations of what to talk about, how to follow up and what results to measure (if any).
Don’t create a maze of confusion for your audiences.
ONE80 Programs provide strategy and a clear path to eliminate confusion.
What Do ONE80 Mentoring Programs Look Like?
Cohort Mentoring Programs
In these programs there are cohorts of mentees and mentors rather than 1-on-1 matchmaking. The mentees have access to multiple mentors which gives them more opportunities to learn and less time commitment for the mentors since they aren’t responsible for everything that a single mentee needs. The focus is individual to each mentee to learn how to solve problems and create opportunities.
Project Mentoring Programs
In these programs there are teams of mentees working on a clearly defined project, such as creating a marketing plan, starting a business or creating a community outreach program. The teams get real world experience developing the project and the mentors are experts in the field that the project is in. The teams have access to multiple mentors to learn from throughout the project.
Content And Ideas Without An Outlet Are Missed Opportunities
If 30 mentors and mentees are in a program and meet twice you have 60+ questions, ideas and solutions to problems to share. IF you can capture their ideas and revisit their conversations you will strike content marketing GOLD.
That’s a LOT of genius that can provide MONTHS of interview content with articles, blog posts, videos and podcasts.
ONE80 Programs Turn Ideas Into Content & Events That Build Your Business FOR You.
The Benefits Of ONE80 Mentoring Programs
For Your Organization
- COLLABORATION with peers and mentors instead of putting names into a database and forgetting about them
- Your audience will build itself through shared content that wouldn’t exist without a mentoring program
- Attracting influential people as mentors that wouldn’t have heard of or gotten involved with your organization otherwise
- No embarrassment or frustration with not knowing what to do or ask during mentoring meetings
- Peer collaboration that builds a stronger community of support for EVERYONE involved
- Continued conversations, connections and relationships AFTERWARDS
- The participants will ONLY reach out when they’re VERY prepared to respect and create the most value for your time
- YOU determine when you’re available and how often
- The participants can help you with advice, support and connections – it’s a two way street